Monday, January 6, 2014

STS Ski Trip Day 2

Howdy Family and Friends! It's another cold but sun shining day here in ND and once again the students have shared their thoughts on sledding here! Read all about it below!

Hey, it`s Edith..The second day of our ski trip was so much fun!! We went sledding and I got really wet, but we still had an amazing time! After the sledding we went home and changed into warm clothes, then we went to a Coffee shop, where we met a Reporter from the local Newspaper…After that we went to the Pizza Ranch and ate a lot of delicious Pizza J Edith

Hello! This is Cassandra. This was our first whole day here in ND, and we had so much fun sledding. It got really wet, but I guess I made up for today’s basketball practice I missed, by running up the hill, it wasn’t that hard though. Then we ate at pizza ranch and it was good. Right now we’re playing games and eating amazingly good caramelized popcorn! Cassandra- The Swede

Wuhuu, this is Fabian! When I woke up today it was almost time for lunch…. We had an awesome lunch, made by Grandma and Grandpa Busch. Thanks!! After lunch we went sledding. We had lots of fun, but at the end Dominik became injured and had to go to the hospital. So we had to move on without Dominik to our interview with the local news reporter. We had a cool interview, and luckily Dominik could join us for the group picture later. The day ended with a nice supper at the Pizza ranch… Yummy!

This is Shelby the native from Nebraska. Last night was really fun! All the kids stayed up until 3 am taking turns saying phrases and words in their own language. We Americans picked out things for them to say. Then after waking up, our amazing host and hostess had set breakfast out for us to eat whenever we got around to it. After taking a coldish shower, I headed upstairs and we played cards and did magic tricks until lunch. Lunch was another amazing dish made by the fantastic hosts. After lunch everyone got all their warmest clothes on and we piled in the bus to go to the sledding hill. Sledding was very fun and very cold but afterward we went to a cute coffee shop and we were interviewed by a woman from the newspaper. Then we went to Pizza Ranch!!

This is Charlyne from France. I was really tired this morning because we went to bed at 3am. I had so much fun today! We played in the snow and after that, we went to a coffee shop. We were interviewed by the newspaper, it is the first time for me! Then, we came back home and we said some words in every language. We ate pizza and we are going to play some games… I enjoy this trip so much because I am with so many awesome peoples.

This is Maria from Denmark. Yesterday night we stayed up kind a late and I didn’t really get much sleep, but of course I had enough energy for sledding. It was fun, I had done that for a while, and it felt good to be a kid again. Afterwards we went to the coffee shop to have an interview with the newspaper in North Dakota. Supper was at a pizza buffet place it was delicious!! And now I am standing here in a noise, because the other are playing a really loud game called spoon. It gets pretty wild!!

It’s already the second night here in North Dakota. I just love it here. It is so much fun and it helps me a lot to forget that Le Shai is gone. It helps me to talk to the other exchanche students and I think I found some really good new friends. We do a lot of things here, like today we went sliding (however you call it ;)). I also teached the others how to play the game “Werwoelfeln” its so much fun! We also teach each other our language what is so funny! I hope it stays like that! – Megan

Day 2 of Ski trip to ND: It wasn’t as cold today, (0 degrees!) although we did go sledding for a few hours and my toes felt like they could be severed off by the end of it. But then, we went to a coffee shop to warm up and talked to a newspaper reporter about the students. For supper, we ate at the Pizza Ranch which was very delicious and from then on it has been nothing but playing games, speaking languages, learning about each other, and a lot of yelling (right now we are playing pit/spoons) Tomorrow, skiing!!
--Joy (The American)

Well its day 2 now and I just love it here. I woke up when it was time for lunch J. After that awesome lunch which was prepared by Grandma and Grandpa Busch, we went sledding down a street. That was a lot of fun but at the end I crashed and was injured at the chin. It was bleeding a lot, so I went to the hospital with Jen. The doctor was very kind and glued my chin back together. I missed the first hour of an interview, but I returned when they were taking the pictures. After that we ate supper at Pizza Ranch and now we are playing spoons and we are having a lot of fun. :D --- Dominik (from Germany)

Hi! This is Marita. This day has just been great! We’ve been sledding, had an interview, ate at Pizza Ranch and played a lot of spoons. It has just been awesome. I am really looking forward to skiing tomorrow, and for the rest of this trip. I hope everyone are enjoying themselves as much as me!
- Marita, from Norway.

Hey, this is Ilaria! Today was awesome! After taking a shower we had a delicious lunch. Later we went out sledding and it has been really cold! I had already seen snow in Italy but never that much and never that temperature! At 4 we went to a coffee shop where we had an interview. For supper we went to Pizza Ranch…Pizza was not bad but nothing compared to Italian pizza! Tonight we played spoons and right now hide and seek! –Ilaria (Italy)

Hello everybody!!! Here is Rebecca. Second day is almost in the end, but was a amazing and memorable day. We wake up, had a good breakfast and then a delicious lunch and we went sledding! Was my first time in this adventure but I love it! Was cold but we had a lot of fun together. Then we went to a coffee shop for an interview which was great and finally we went to supper in a place called Pizza Ranch which is really good with a lot of kinds of pizza and others foods. Now we are playing a incredible game called spoons and doing some fun things all together! This is was excellent and and I love everything ! I’m so excited for tomorrow for going skiing! Rebecca from Brazil!

Hey, it’s Andrew again. Today has been a day filled with lots of fun, and too much cold. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being here in North Dakota. The one thing that wasn’t so great was the fact that my roommates found it to be a good idea to stay up until 5:00AM. We went sledding, went to an awesome coffee shop, ate at Pizza Ranch, and played lots of games, including night hide-and-seek, and spoons. It’s been really enjoyable so far, but I’m really looking forward to finally skiing tomorrow.

From our slightly cold sledding picture window to yours, have a great day!

No comments: