Thursday, January 2, 2014

STS Ski Trip Day 1, 2014

Howdy Family and Friends~
Welcome to our blog--this time from my foreigners! We have made a very cold, fun, LONG trip to North Dakota and soon to Minnesota to go skiing! So, here's to Day 1 for our STS Trip!

Hey there, this is Dominik and we went up to North Dakota for our skiing trip. The ride up there was pretty fun and I met a lot of new, awesome people. We had a lot of fun in the bus… when we arrived, we brought our stuff in the house and warmed up. Then we took some pictures and now I’m writing that blog… Dominik J

Hey, this is Fabian. Today we arrived in North Dakota, after an eight hour trip. The tour was pretty fun, we played lots of games and talked a lot, but it also was cold. At the time we arrived I couldn’t feel my feet anymore… Now everything is fine again, the house of Dave’s parents is nice and warm…. Fabian J

Hello everybody!!! My name is Rebecca and I’m from Brazil!! We made it!!!! Yeahh! This trip going to be awesome and my first ski adventure. Memories for the entire life that will never end… It’s so cold! I’m freezing! I can’t feel my body anymore, but it’s ok! This is part of my dream! Thanks Jen and Dave for this amazing trip that is only in the beginning !!! Xoxo… Becca

Hi! This is Marita, the weird Norwegian. The bus trip was long, but we survived! I’ve had a lot of fun already, and I’m really looking forward to the rest of the trip. It is super cold right now, almost 17 below 0.. But it’s okay! These people are amazing, and I hope I will keep in touch with them for a long time. – Marita

Hey! This is Cassandra. The day started with that me and my host mom had to wait for the bus for 45 min, basically because we were early. I was really nervous, but when I got on the bus everyone was so nice, and we had so much fun, just during the bus ride, so I bet we’ll have a lot of fun! – Cassandra

Hello! This is Charlyne from France. I was on the bus at 4:00p.m because I went to a drama camp to see Shelby’s performance. By the way, she is my host sister. The trip was not really bad and was not so long. We played games on the bus and it was fun! The bad thing is that I just realized that I forgot a lot of things like clothes and this is not fun! – Charlyne

Hi, this is Ilaria and I’m from Italy. This is the first day in North Dakota… I’m so happy! Before leaving I was quite nervous because I didn’t know anyone but as soon as the bus left I met all of the others people and I really had a funny trip! We played games and laughed a lot! I can’t wait to spend other three days with them! –Ilaria

Hi, this is Edith from Austria. We started our trip at 14:30pm and we had a long drive to North Dakota…But we had a lot of fun in the bus, playing games even though it was really cold because the doors kept opening..I`m really looking forward to spending three more days with those awesome people!-Edith

Hey! This is Emma from Finland. It’s the first day of our skiing trip and I’m excited. After an 8-hour bus drive I’m happy to feel my body again. It was freezing! But it was all worth it, we had a lot of fun and I’ve become closer with everyone. It’s nice to get to know the people better and I’m looking forward to the next few days! –Emma

Hi! This is Maria from Denmark. I am so exited for the next couple of days, because I have never tried to ski before or been such a cold place. The bus trip to North Dakota was really interesting and pretty long. We learned fast each other better to know and I only looking forward to the next couple of days, its going to be awesome! – Maria

This is Joy and I’m from Broken Bow, U.S. Today is the first day of the ski trip and I’m very excited! We just got to Lisbon after 8 hours on a very freezing bus ride, so we are all very glad for the warmth! I feel like I have gotten to know everyone a lot better, and I can’t wait to go skiing on Friday! Also it is -18 degrees right now and getting colder. –Joy

This is Megan Wenger from Switzerland. The first day of the ski trip was awesome. We drove 8 hours and 12 minutes to Lisbon North Dakota. We played a lot of funny games during this long drive. It is very cold here and at the moment we are watching The Hobbit or playing cards. I like it!

This is Shelby Castor from Ericson Nebraska and I think making me blog is crazy because I am not an exchange student. *cough Jen cough* But I met the “party bus” in Atkinson and joined all the students in the freezing bus. But thankfully I got the seat right above the heater, so I was fineJ Dave’s parents have so kindly let us stay in their house. (Which is a crazy thing for them to do) And I am very thankful for that! But I’m very excited to go out in the frozen tundra and sled and ski and try not to break a leg! - Shelby

Hey, it’s Andrew Fields from Ord, NE. I had a great time coming up here on the bus. It was a decent drive with 8 hours of hanging with a bunch of foreigners playing Mafia and Truth or Dare. I met a lot of pretty cool people and I’m really glad that Jen let me come up with the group. Dave’s parents are so nice and extremely hospitable. The one complaint is the weather… it’s WAY too cold. I’ve been used to about 20 degrees Fahrenheit and it was about -15 all the way up here. I can’t wait to have a nice relaxing day tomorrow, and then go skiing on Friday. – Willy D.

From our fun filled COLD travel day to yours, have a great night~!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We won't talk about 78 degrees in Florida! We won't even talk about sunshine, or beaches, or white sand. Just enjoy and know that Klara and her host family are thinking about you (and perhaps chuckling a bit at the thought of a Brazilian in negative cold whether!) Lots of Love!